Free Accordion Lesson
Your Free Video Tutorial:
Tutorial showing the first tune breakdown using a Castagnari accordion.
This page gives and insight to the member's area of jigsandreels.com. The video tutorial is on the breakdown of the first tune. More in depth tutorials like how to hold the accordion, are in the member's area when you join.
The image on the left shows manuscript notes with the ABC notation below this. This tune is Dawning of the Day
- The Red notes indicate that you pull the accordion bellows
- The Black notes indicate that you push the bellows
- This is based on using a diatonic accordion tuned in B/C.
The regular ABC notation can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking on the notation image.
Below the notes is the Irish Music Player. Select the different speeds of audio and try to play along while following the notes. Initially we advise that you download this audio first and listen to it a few times before trying to play it so you become more familiar with the melody. See the How it works Video
There are more written and video tutorials in the member's area when you join.
What You get with Jigs and Reels?
- Learn Irish music online using a dedicated learning programme
- Excellent value for money, from as little as £5.99 a month
- Access to the website 24/7
- Audio in MP3 and in different speeds for the first 50 lessons
- Bonus manuscript notation available with every tune
- Be part of an exciting online learning programme, following a structured format
- Learn a musical instrument in your own environment using a proven method
- Monthly membership system, cancel anytime you want
No Need To Read Sheet Music!
On Jigs and Reels there is no need to be able to read music as we will advise you how to learn 'by ear' and teach you the very simple ABC method of learning.